3rd Annual Symposium - "Live, Learn, Earn - Ventura County Unmanned"
On October 21, 2016 the CIC AUVSI will be hosting its third annual symposium on the California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) campus in Camarillo, CA. This will be an all day event including safety training, demonstrations, networking opportunities and panel sessions discussing the impact that unmanned vehicles bring to Ventura counties quality of life, education and job opportunities. This symposium benefits the student attendees with a solid understanding of where their education can lead. Industry benefits from hearing fresh perspectives brought by active parties and talented individuals.
Call for Papers - Due 15 Sep 2016
Live – Discussions will investigate the quality of life impacts associated with the operations of unmanned systems in Ventura County. As a minimum papers should consider addressing one of the following:
- The potential effects of unmanned systems on personal privacy
- The potential benefits provided to first responder for fire protection, search and rescue, law enforcement
- Considerations required to protect the safety needs of the community
- Policies that should be invoked locally associated with unmanned operations
- The positive/negative affect that UAVs may have on the 'state of the region’
Learn – Discussions will focus on all aspects of unmanned systems education. As a minimum papers should consider addressing one of the following:
- The opportunities that should be made available in the Ventura County school systems - High School, VCOE and CSUCI
- Regulations that should /should not be used related to operating and maintaining commercial unmanned systems
- Unmanned Systems research and development activities available in the area
Earn – The panel will consist of industry members discussing job opportunities in Ventura County. As a minimum papers should consider addressing one of the following:
- Potential career opportunities related to unmanned systems
- Unmanned systems small business applications and opportunities
- Incentives and opportunities available through the use of unmanned systems
Submit abstract to:
Plan on Attending!
We are also looking for sponsors:
Business’ will have the opportunity to present over 15 hands-on displays. Unmanned Vehicle Systems demonstration opportunities will be available. Sponsorship can run from overall event sponsor to a logo display presented throughout the symposium. We would welcome the opportunity to have your company represented at this event that has historically draw businesses, academia and student attendees. Past sponsorship at the national level included AeroVironment, Northrop Grumman, General Atomics, Arcturas, and Liquid Robotics.